Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Big "C"

I love it when I find TV shows that have more meaning that just solving "who will I go to the prom with" in the span of 24.5 minutes.  "The Big C" just premiered on Showtime and I have officially found a new show to watch weekly.  The premise of the show is about a 40 something year old woman who has just been diagnosed with melanoma and has decided to live life instead of pursuing treatment.  In the second episode, she states "I am seeing in my vibrant colors than I have ever seen in before" or something to that nature.  But it really stuck with me.  Why does it take for someone who is staring death in the face to decide to start living?  Why wait?  Why not start now?  As the old saying goes, the only things certain in this life are taxes and death.  It will all come to us one day.  In two days, it would have been my brother Ricky's 45th birthday.  While it will be a sad day as it is every year, I also always remember the good times and how he did live life to the fullest.  That's what we should all do.  Live life to the fullest. While the "C" in "The Big C" is for cancer, it can also mean choice.  We have the choice day in and day out to be happy with what we do and where we are.  If we don't like something, start making the changes for the better.

1 comment: